"Roots only grow in the dark. We find sight regardless of the light." Speak Easy







Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Whispered Words

Whispered words in cotton curves.
Palm to palm, bodies blurred.
A pulsing beat is my muse
But she moves to wailing trumpets, smooth jazz.
Cymbals clang; she sways with the crowd.
I trace her curves, her accented words
Show me the truth in my soul.
Contentment in a breath.
Discover the depth
In a lingering kiss
It’s you I miss.
Such sweet sorrow
In a parallel universe of simplicity
She stays in my sanctuary.
I call to her to lead me astray.
Because on that warehouse floor
She let me dance.
In a trance she stared – looking at me.
And time stands still in snapshots of memories
Portray a display of lights, a fine red wine
She dined with me, spent some time.
And in the dark of my room shadows danced on the wall
Unafraid to fall.
Trouble resisting temptation
In blue glass reflections.
Caption reads Beez Neez
But it’s you I need.
To paralyze Mr Hyde.
With miles in between to agonize.
Cut them down to size.
And feed upon my hungry heart.
Start.
Come live your life with me.
Let’s savour our eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment