"Roots only grow in the dark. We find sight regardless of the light." Speak Easy







Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Evergreen

One sole light, upper right window, grey colonial.
Dark age embrace.
Black reflection captures me back.
Somewhere in between I fell out of the cracks.
Stepping in because I fell in to place.
Melissa says it’s like snow on my face.
Snowflake tattooed, never replace,
Deface my skin
It’s love I miss.
No – I won’t be telling this with a sigh.
I did take the road less travelled by.
Cast Frost’s words away.
Sway with the wind.
Because the Evergreen grows where it settles.
Nestles in the ground, shoots up to the sky.
And I’m high in Brian’s basement.
The secret sophist world revealed to my curious mind.
Find where I reside.
With a walk across the bridge and a harbour view
Few can say they’ve seen what I’ve seen
With my own hazel eyes.
Not brown, not green,
Somewhere in between.
Because love doesn’t concern itself with anatomy or physiology.
She’s just it, to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment